Safer Locations Suggestions
You should identify one or more safer locations as part of your Bush Fire Survival Plan. These locations should be well away from the bush.
These might include:
- A friend, family members or neighbours property that is well prepared
- Local shopping centre or central business district
- Local sporting field/oval
- Recreation area, such as a local park
- Nearby community facility, such as a library or community centre
- Registered Club or licensed establishment
You should also know how to get there, as well as alternate routes in case the road is blocked or too dangerous to drive on.
If you have elected to go to a friend, family members or neighbours home, ensure they are aware of this and contact them prior to heading off.