Defending your home from a bush fire can be challenging and you will need the right equipment.
Check off all the equipment you have and what you will need before a bush fire emergency.
- A hose/s (should reach around entire property)
- Water supply of at least 10,000L (example water tank, dam, pool)
- Petrol/diesel water pump and fuel (stored in a safe, accessible place)
- Ladders (to access inside the roof)
- Buckets and mops
- Shovels and metal rakes
- Wide-brimmed hat
- Eye protection (goggles)
- Moistened facemask or cloth
- Loose, long sleeved cotton shirt
- Long cotton pants/jeans
- Sturdy leather shoes or boots
If you have not ticked off all of the items above you are not prepared to safely defend your property.